Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Letting Go


In between my more serious and epic paintings I enjoy throwing in a whimsical, care free piece here and there. It gives me a chance to experiment with color, pattern and texture plus I saw a Matisse painting (not in person) this morning that put me over the edge. I just love peonies and every year I say I am going to buy some to plant in my garden but I am always too busy painting and forget. This little number is 9x12 and done on stretched textured linen. The sides have been painted so no frame is needed. For sale in my Etsy shop. Stop by on Saturday, July 24th to see this painting and the rest of my new work at MANCHESTER BY THE SEA ART FESTIVAL. It's going to be really hot~both the show and the weather!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you style of painting....I have to say everytime I look at your blog I am always taken back by the beautiful green based header, that is still my favourite.
Have a lovely day.

Eileen said...

Beautiful. Your work is so vibrant. I just love it. :)

scootarocks said...

YOUR ART IS SO FINE. I could stare at it for at least another 23 years. H.A. LSS