Tuesday, June 28, 2016

What I'm working on now....

 I was planning on doing a floral still life next however, I've decide to paint a white horse first.   I haven't done a horse yet so I am excited. ( I've done a zebra ) When these ideas pop into my head I need to go with them.  It  will be a similar composition as my black bear.  I love to pair the contrasting  backgrounds with the solid focal point. I'm working on 16x20 surface.


 
Dominant white Thoroughbred stallion
White horses are born white and stay white throughout their lives. White horses may have brown, blue, or hazel eyes. "True white" horses, especially those that carry one of the dominant white (W) genes, are rare. Most horses that are commonly referred to as "white" are actually "gray" horses whose hair coats are completely white.[1]
Throughout history, white horses have been mythologized in many cultures. For example, Herodotus reported that white horses were held as sacred animals in theAchaemenid court of Xerxes the Great (ruled 486-465 BC),[26] In more than one tradition, a white horse carries patron saints or the world saviour in the end times, including HinduismChristianity, and Islam.[citation needed]


     

    No comments: