Friday, April 8, 2011

Moonlight Sonata

Friday has become a day for posting new work.  As my painting technique evolves, I find myself spending more and more time on each piece I do.  I have been very fixed on surface texture and getting it just right.  I am very pleased with this new painting. I found a photograph which showed what Beethoven's room  might have looked like.  The piano is actually accurate but of course his room didn't have quite as much going on as this one.   I have combined all the elements I love.  Music, interiors, birds, interesting colors and patterns  that have movement.  This painting is 11x14.  The sides have been painted so no frame is needed but should have one!

5 comments:

Felicity said...

You've given Mr Beethoven a very flattering portraiture and I love the owl, moon and the gorgeous patterns which I've come to learn are a wonderful signatures of your style.

x Felicity

Atelier de Chiqui said...

Ohhh Catherine!! Happy colors and so stylish! Beautiful...

Catherine Nolin said...

I look forward to reading all your comments. Thank you so much. Catherine

La Petite Gallery said...

I don't know how much more you can improve, the paintings are gorgeous, I cherrish mine.
One day we will all say I knew her when.. love and hugs your fan.
yvonne

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Your artwork is absolutely stunning...I love all the color and pattern! You are one talented lady!