Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden Bouquet

I am very excited about my new painting.  I was very much inspired by the Dutch painter of the late 1500’s  Ambrosius Bosschaert.  Absolutely breath taking still lifes.   I don’t usually do traditional compositions but I really enjoyed painting this vase with flowers.  I may do a few more.  This painting is 11x14 painted on stretched canvas.   The sides have been painted so no frame is needed.

                                                                         
                                                                     Catherine

3 comments:

desha peacock said...

beautiful work Catherine, I'm astonished by how many paintings you produce so rapidly!

also, I LOVE my print- wish I could have bought the original, but I'm so happy with it in my new pretty, pink bathroom!

Atelier de Chiqui said...

Amazing Catherine!!! j'adore....

design elements said...

wonderful!