Saturday, October 10, 2026

Hello Out There. My new painting "Strange Magic II"


It certainly has been quite a while since I've sat down to write about my art and life. For so many years, life was simply too busy, and I never seemed to find the time. But now, at this point in my life, I feel ready to share a little more.

So much has changed. Sam is now 32, Max is living in Belfast, Maine, where he has become a sought-after portrait painter, and Zach is creating amazing video and commercial work for his clients. And perhaps one of the most wonderful changes of all is that I am now a grandmother! It's brought a kind of joy into my life that I can't really explain! 

After 17 years, I finally have a brand-new website, www.catherinenolin.com, where I can share my paintings and a little more of the world behind them. I also have three new pieces available at the moment, which I'm excited to share.

Life is certainly bittersweet. The years bring changes, challenges, unexpected joys, and moments that make you wish time would slow down just a little.

Through it all, I remain deeply grateful that I get to wake up every day and do what I love most — paint.

Thank you to everyone who has followed my work over the years. It means more to me than you know.

Warmly,
Catherine



No comments: