Friday, June 7, 2019

The week it's been

 I am feeling more and more optimistic as each day arrives  after a very difficult crisis weekend with Sam.  We didn't see it coming and just when we thought things were under control they escalated again.   I began to feel somewhat numb, indifferent because we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.  His pain was heartbreaking.  -The absolute worst feeling which I haven't experienced in years as a parent of a nonverbal autistic now adult in uncontrollable distress.
Around Wednesday we were able to turn things around and I am grateful for all the help and prayers and positive vibes from everyone around us. It truly takes a village!  As bad as that whole experience was for  our son, many lessons were learned and some already strong bonds were now forever cemented.  Today I am back in the studio finishing up a few pieces I had begun last week.

No comments: