Friday, December 16, 2016

Self Expression 2016


Well I am wrapping up the year with an abstract self expression painting which I started a few months ago and decided to finish today.  The holidays are a difficult time for me.  Our son Sam has been having some challenging behaviors  lately and it breaks my heart because there isn't much I can do.  I am trying not to spiral downward into a negative place but it's hard.   
 People often ask me how do I paint so many pieces so quickly ?  I paint a lot.  Almost everyday for at least 6, 7 8 hours.  Painting is the one thing that helps me get away in my mind and thoughts. When I paint I don't think of all my troubles.   I find it comforting and healing.  I am grateful for it.  It's been a great year for my work and I appreciate all the kind words and support.  

No comments: