Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Being With Sam.

 It's that time of year when my son Sam comes home for the day every day for seven days.  I wish he could stay over night too but he only sleeps an average of 4 to 6 hours  and sometimes only 3.  January 6th he will be turning 20 years old.  I wish I could throw him a huge party but that would be selfish of me since he loves peace and quiet and the less commotion the better.  He is having a pretty good week so far and I am grateful for that. It's really hard work though, emotionally and physically.  He has developed some new health issues that so worry me and make me feel angry.  Isn't having autism enough? Not being able to express himself or be understood?  But then I correct myself and try not to go down that path.  Being with Sam grounds me and inspired me to work hard and do the best I can.  We will address these concerns and figure out what to do about them. I will not let negative, un-hopeful  thoughts take over my mind.  Having a son like Sam has taught me to be a good researcher, patience, to be open minded and figure out a way and never give up.  Being with Sam is all inspiring and I am forever grateful to him.  Thank you for all the lovely comments and encouragement over the past year.  I know this is suppose to be my art blog but Sam is why I started to paint.
                                         I wish you all a happy holiday and wonderful new year .
                                                                The best is yet to come!
                                                                             Catherine



 

3 comments:

Nance said...

Christmas is so complicated. Your love is so clear and simple.

myra anderson said...

what a handsome man he is! you are a very strong person and your love and beauty shows through your beautiful art. I can only share with you what I believe - that one day God's kingdom will come where he says that he will undo all the damage that has been done and end pain and suffering and restore our loved ones to perfect health. It's natural to feel sorrow over his condition and how you are handling it teaches us all. I pray for the day that you can both express together the love that you feel in this beautiful photo! I pray that you can stay strong for whatever lies ahead - and know that there will be a better day . . .

Anonymous said...

Dear Catherine

You are such an inspiration to me: your beautiful artwork (I could eat your colours, instead I inhale them;)and your relentless, radiant persevance as an artist amidst all that you contend with. Jennifer.