Thursday, December 13, 2012

“Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” ~Guillaume Apollinaire

For me, it's hard to remember this during the holiday season but I'm trying!
I've been working on some commissions but will be getting back to my regular work soon.  Many of you have requested some larger paintings which I will be focusing on.   It's funny because I seem to become so inspired every year at this time when there is no time!  My son Sam, who is now 18(yikes)  will be home for 7 days during the holiday week.  It's so hard to buy him presents but I realized that the week at home  is his present.  He has my undivided attention for all those days. I mean this literally. It's all about him and zeroing in on the few things I know he loves.  One on one attention, my cooking, his favorite music, driving around listening to Christmas music with the heated seat on (having a snack of course).  oh and visiting Grammy DeQuattro with a bag of french fries.  When he finishes the bag we leave.  Glad she lives down the street!  It's a lot of work and I am totally exhausted at the end of each day but I am really looking forward to it.  I may even get a few hugs here and there.  Somehow stepping back from my work for those 7 days fuels my inspiration . 

No comments: