Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nevermore- my new painting

I enjoy creating themed- type paintings.  I love doing the research and bringing it all together.  Since it's almost October I thought Edgar Allan Poe might be a good choice.  These dark stormy colors are actually my favorite. I can remember memorizing the first paragraph of The Raven when I was in High School for an English class.  Actually Edgar Allan (not Allen) was born in Boston.  He married his cousin, Virginia, shown in the reflection. He died at the age of 40.  This is how I imagine his work station.  This painting is 8x10 painted on stretched canvas with painted sides.  Thanks for stopping by.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/204576978/original-still-life-painting-nevermore?ref=shop_home_feat_1
My next painting  involves a queen...... 

No comments: