Saturday, September 6, 2014

Guardian angel new work

Just completed on Sept.  6th.  Guardian Angel 8x10 on stretched canvas. With painted sides.  Ever since Sam was born, I have wanted to believe that he had a Guardian Angel.  My mother gave me that classic print to hang in his room of the Angel watching over two children on a rickety bridge.  I can recall so many moments confirming  that indeed there was  an angel keeping him from great harm.  A lot of close calls that really make a person know there is something greater than ourselves.  Recently Sam has been going through such a rough patch behaviorally.  It has been dental related which is something we dread because it is never ever easy.  However, we have encountered a most recent Guardian angel who has figured out what is wrong and is willing to fix all his dental problems so we don't have to wait months for an opening with the hospital.  Sam has been so brave and patient during this time.  I am so grateful for stumbling upon this "angel dentist. "  
I had to create a painting around this idea.  It's my way of reaching out I guess in search of that greater power.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I like the subject!
the colors and her face are GORGEOUS!!