Friday, February 21, 2014

Art and Quote for today


- Henry David  Thoreau
Last night on my way home from Boston I was driving under the horn bridge right near my home and a baby barn owl was just sitting in the middle of the road.  I stomped on my breaks right it front of it.  I thought it would fly away but it just stayed there.  I love painting owls and had never seen one up close so this was amazing to me but I was also worried that it was hurt and the next person to come barreling down the road would not see it.  It was so beautiful with huge black eyes and white and caramel colored feather.  I drove around it and put my window down and as soon as I clapped my hands it flew away!  I was so glad.  What a treat.  

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I lOVE owls...This IS a real WINNER!!!

La Petite Gallery said...

The first thing I ever painted in oil was an owl. Two of my friends
wanted to buy it. Ofcourse he wasn't as sweet as yours.. yvonne