Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Painting~"Restless Minds"

I just finished this piece about an hour ago.   The photo actually picked up all the color fleck and detail nicely this time.  I thought of the title just a few minutes ago but I think it works      Since this was a large piece, 24x36,  I was able to combine my love of different period furnishings and architecture.      I love the way landscapes and clouds were painted during the Renaissance period.  I paint what I love.  Beautiful blue Hydrangea reminds me of summers in Cape Cod.  Lilies of the Valley that would just pop up despite our crazy unkempt yard. Ruby shoes just because I like the way they look. I saw the Chinoiserie high boy on Downton Abbey!   This painting was created with acrylics on stretched canvas.  It's for sale on my website www.catherinenolin.org
and My etsy shop
www.catherine47.etsy.com 

1 comment:

La Petite Gallery said...

You put so much work on a canvas.
Love the Header, that's me on the sofa. It is 30 today in Maine, a summer day...
I love my painting and so does my Daughter.

yvonne