Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sleeping Tiger


Just got back from a sister's weekend at the Cape. As many of you know I have five older sisters, and one younger brother. It was a year ago last week that we all went to Sicily, so we decided to have a reunion. I hate to sound cliche but I can't believe how quickly time goes by.
I began this small painting last week before I left and just now finished it. What can I say, I love cats especially tiger striped ones. We always had one growing up. Here I really wanted to work with multiple patterns and lots of contrast. This piece is 8x10 painted with acrylic paints on stretched cotton and linen. The sides have been painted so no frame is needed. For sale in my Etsy Shop.

1 comment:

Little Leslie said...

I love your tiger. I have a black kitty, and love to draw and take pics of him. Check out Sept. or Oct. posts on my blog for a pic of BooBoo