Sunday, November 22, 2009

Do you remember The Art You Grew Up With?


I don't know about you but I have vivid memories of the art that adorned the walls of my house on Lincoln Circle. I suppose the art doesn't make an impression on every child but for me it did. I remember thinking about it being really beautiful . We had what I thought was a real oil painting over our fireplace (Baroque style ) an elegant man with a white wig playing chess. The colors were actually quite beautiful. The clothing was ornate with texture and patterns. That image really influenced me more than I realize. It was a room with a lot of detail. umm..... I think about my own sons growing up looking at my paintings and how that has influenced them. Maxwell is a student at the Museum School in Boston doing very well his first year. Zachary my oldest, although taking a different route, is creating amazing art along with music videos and commercials. I am very anxious to see what he will do next.

Think about the images you grew up with on the walls of your house that you looked at consciously or subconsciously every single day. . This is the actual painting. The artist is Francesco Beda(Italian) I remember the older I got the more I realized that it wasn't an original and was a very tacky version. But looking at it now I love it even more than when i was little.

No comments: