Saturday, September 19, 2015

Not promoting any of my work, just wanted to express gratitude this morning for many things that are"going right."  As many of you know my son Samuel now 21 years old, who has both autism, ulcerative colitis, and a cerebellum disorder  is  transitioning to an adult residence after 7 difficult years in a residential school.   We have made some big changes in his diet and therapies and he is having a much better 2015 so far. The staff has been amazing and loving all along.  I really need to stop and reflect on the improvements because to the average person they may not seem like much, but to us, a smile, a hug, allowing staff to brush his teeth, using his communication book appropriately to request something instead of self injury is huge and makes my heart soar. We still have a long way to go but I am grateful to see the world in a different way and will never give up improving his life. 

No comments: