Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Sea Captain's Wife~New Work

When I look out my studio window all I see is white and it's not one of my most favor colors these days! The snow days have interfered with my shipping service but not my studio time and I'm grateful for that.  I am excited to be posting this painting today.  I have included a lot of symbolism and details I love. The Sea captain's Wife is 16x20 painted on a cradled birchwood panel with painted sides.  For sale in my etsy shop click the link
~https://www.etsy.com/listing/222159217/still-life-original-painting-the-sea
as well as my new website  www.catherinenolin.com

1 comment:

La Petite Gallery said...

Hey Catherine, I have been in an igloo, snow up to the middle of window in studio, even skylite is white. I have been painting, started with the old turp. Sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, now a bloody nose. Wonder if at 78 I am alergic to the turps? I have a movie called the Ghost and Mrs Muir, Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. I tried to Paint him as a capt. Never could do it. You do such interesting Paintings. Style like french artist H. Matisse
Stay warm, art keeps us sane.