Friday, October 12, 2012

The Best Medicine.

I am still here! The fall is always such a busy time for me.  I need to work on my multitasking skills  I suppose.  Creatively, I am in such a good place at the moment.   I don't mean to sound cliche' but I realize more each day that panting is the best therapy/expression for me.  My son Sam, who I've mentioned before has some difficult medical issues as well as profound autism.  He cannot speak and has few signs to communicate his wants and needs.  He has days of not feeling well and it's so hard to know what is hurting therefore what to do to help.  For me, that's the hardest part.  There never is an easy answer. Other days he is happy and energetic.  It's such an emotional roller coaster for me and the rest of my family as well.  I thought it would be easier as he got older but it isn't. He's always on my mind and I am so afraid of the future.  But, when I step into my studio, when I am working on a painting all the stress and anxiety disappears at least for a while. It's the best medicine for my mind and body.   I am so grateful for that.  Have a great weekend.  Catherine 

1 comment:

Karena said...

Gorgeous Catherine!! So glad you are busy!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena