Monday, August 8, 2011

Madeline Dreams of a more simplistic life.

The painting within my paintings was taken from a black and white photo I came across on one of the millions of blogs I peruse daily.  I wish I had bookmarked the site so I could tell you more.  I just liked the way she looked and of course her lovely contrasting dress.  I believe that is called pasymetry?  Anyway, as I began to paint this piece I decided to loosen up my brush strokes and create a more painterly look.  This painting is 16x20 painted on stretched canvas and will be accompanying me to South Portland this Saturday.  I will be for sale in my Etsys Shop until then. 


                                                               Catherine
 

2 comments:

Karena said...

Catherine so beautiful! I just love your fabulous works of art!!

xoxo

Karena

Art by Karena

La Petite Gallery said...

Catherine, Hope you did well at the Art Show in Portland. Did you take any photo's of the show? yvonne