Thursday, December 16, 2010

Post Office~ I Love Lucy Style!

   Spending lots of time at the post office lately.  Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing.  I have been busy shipping prints and paintings of all different sizes to places as far as Australia.  However,   if you were to observe what goes on with me at the post office, you would think you were watching an I Love Lucy  episode. Since the post office has this great  flat rate box offer I actually have to pack up the items I am shipping right there!    Any given day you will find me there, looking for a pen that writes because I forgot my sharpie,  with packing tape stuck to my sweater, waiting in line to buy a box, then realizing that it isn't the right size, sealing up boxes without including the contents,  forgetting the shipping address at home, and buying way too much bubble wrap. 
BTW I briefly hired my son Max to take care of these duties so I could get to my real job PAINTING.   That was short lived when he came home with a $54.00 receipt for shipping one small painting !  He said yes to everything the post  office clerk offered about sending the package.  I don't have the patience and time to hire an assistant I guess.  
I am looking forward to 2011 and sharing all the new directions I am going with my work.  For now, it's back to the post office even though I know there is a better way.

2 comments:

simply blue said...

Hi Charlotte!
I am a big I Love Lucy fan...what a funny lady...but I can't imagine having to stand at the post office and pack up your prints there. I'm off to pick up the prints of yours that I just had framed...can't wait to hang them! Merry Christmas to me. Have a joyous day.

lila Braga said...

do yourself a favour; hire the right person for the job and stop stressing so you can use your energy to create beautiful things!
I love your work by the way!
hugs
lila